Application for Admission to the DNS leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science) Programme 2019 batch of the Affiliated Institutes.
Please go through the following instructions carefully:
» The candidate shall be solely responsible for any loss or hardship caused to him due to his non-adherence to these instructions.
» The candidate is requested to visit IMU's website periodically to keep track of new announcements and changes if any.
1. The Common Entrance Test (CET) 2019 is for Candidates seeking admission to the DNS, BSC Nautical Science, B.Tech marine Engineering, Naval Architecture,MBA Shipping, BBA Shipping conducted by Affiliated Institutes of IMU and who are sponsored by Ship Owning or Ship Management Companies.
2. To see the list of Affiliated Institutes conducting the DNS Programme, Click here.
3. To see the Educational Qualifications and Medical Standards required for admission to DNS Programme, Click here.
4. The circular date for the application of the Age criteria shall be April 2018.
5. The last date for Online Registration is December 2018 PM.
Common Entrance Test (CET)
6. The CET will be held in a single shift on December 2018 between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM.
7. The CET will be conducted in pen and paper mode and will consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The candidates will be provided with Optical Mark Reading (OMR) sheet to bubble their responses. The detailed instructions will provided on the day of the Test.
8. The multiple choice questions will be set from the following topics: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English at Plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE and State Boards).
9. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
10. The CET will be held simultaneously in the following 7 cities:
» New Delhi
11. A candidate should indicate one city where he wishes to take the CET while registering online. While every effort will be made to accommodate a candidate to the city, IMU reserves the right to divert applicants to the nearest cities if sufficient number of candidates are not forthcoming in certain cities, and also if there are too many candidates for a particular city Test Venue.
12. The name and address of the Test Venue will be indicated on the Hall Ticket/Admit Card and candidates are requested to be present at the Test Venue at least 1 hour before the time of commencement of the CET.
Application Registration Process
13. Candidates are requested to keep the following documents in hand before filling the online registration form:
I. Scanned version of passport size color photo (156x156) and signature (200x60)
II. SBI i-Collect Transaction Receipt vide which the CET Registration Fees has been remitted and
III. Necessary Mark Statements for reference.
14. Please note that fields marked with asterisk ( * ) are mandatory.
15. Candidates shall upload the following documents at the time of Online Application Form:
a) Scanned copy of the passport size photograph.
b) Scanned copy of the signature of the candidate.
16. Registration Fee payable is Rs.700/- for candidates from SC/ST category and Rs.1,000/- for all others. It is non-refundable.
17. Registration Fee shall be paid only through SBI i-Collect. Click here to read the instructions for making payment of CET Registration Fees through SBI i-Collect.
18. After entering all the details, click "APPLY". After which, the candidate will be taken to a new window with preview of the application.
19. The candidate should take the print of the Application for their future record. Candidates need not submit any hard copy of the application to IMU.
20. Notwithstanding the fact that a candidate's Online Registration may have been successful and / or that a candidate may have cleared the CET, if any inadequacies or discrepancies or false claims are detected in the documents uploaded at the time of the Online Registration and/or in the original documents produced, if any, subsequently and/or in the Original documents produced at the time of verification, IMU reserves the right to disqualify the candidate from admission.
21. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
22. Legal disputes, if any, shall lie within the jurisdiction of Courts based in Chennai city only.